What should you do after an accident? What are your legal rights? Who can help you get the
compensation you need to recover?
Negotiating with insurance companies, expensive medical bills, medical doctor referrals, repairing your car, missing time at work and dealing with the pain and suffering brought on by your injuries – Atlanta car accident attorneys know how chaotic and confusing your life can be after a car accident.
Being injured in a car accident can change your life. In an instant, you might not be able to work. You might not be able to walk. You might not be able to do many of the things you take for granted. And since you’re not working while you’re recovering, bills can add up fast – for medical expenses, car repairs and all the other bills you normally pay every month.
Did You Know?
According to DMV.org, the Georgia Driver’s Manual provides a detailed list of actions you should take if you are involved in an accident.
The manual advises that you:
- Stop and pull over in a safe place.
- Report the accident immediately to local law enforcement if anyone is killed, if there is an injury, or if there is property damage greater than $500.
- Provide assistance to those injured, if possible.
- Activate your vehicle’s hazard lights to alert approaching motorists.
- Provide your name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information to the other parties involved in the accident, and get the same information from them. You can do this while waiting for law enforcement to arrive on the scene.
- The Driver’s Manual provides more details to help you get through the accident scene, so view it online, or pick up a copy at your local driver’s license office.
- If law enforcement is not called to the scene of an accident, you’ll need to complete a Personal Report of Accident. This form is for your personal use only, to be filed by you for later use if needed. Do not send this form in to a government agency; it will only be destroyed. This form could protect you in court if needed at a future time; it records the information just after the accident happened, so it will help you remember events as they occurred during that time.
Start Working with Us today, no matter the legal challenges you face after an injury in Georgia. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW or TEXT OUR GEORGIA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED IN A CAR WRECK 770-687-6224.
Atlanta Car Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys since 1978. Representing clients who have been seriously injured by the neglect or carelessness of others and have been practicing exclusively in personal injury law for over three decades.
Georgia’s Best of the Best Car Accident Lawyers!
Free Case Evaluation
If you are hurt, it is important to act quickly! Contact us as soon as possible for a case evaluation about your car accident. For your convenience, home and hospital visits are available upon request.
- Defer your medical bills
- Assist you with a rental car
- Refer you to the proper medical specialist
- Talk to your employer
- Negotiate with your insurance
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and future diminished earnings
- Pain and suffering
- All other accident-related expenses